I ran to the grocery store today…on Valentine’s Day. I couldn’t believe how many people were lined up for chocolate covered strawberries. It’s not that hard. Melt chocolate. Dip strawberry. Lay out on sheet pan in fridge to harden. If I didn’t need bacon for tonight’s Valentine’s dinner for the hubby – I would have waited until tomorrow to do any grocery shopping.
With my hubby –
So I ran and got the bacon and a few other things…So tonight I can make hubby a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a small salad that I’m sure he will cover in bleu cheese dressing. I’ve made this dish before for his family when they visited and unfortunately he wasn’t there to try it so tonight will be his first time. He’s going to love it. It’s so devine!
I’ve had some requests on how I made my goulash that Bailey & Hubby loved so much…
What You Need:
2 pounds ground turkey – 85% lean was on sale so that’s what I used.
1 diced medium yellow onion
1/2 diced medium red onion
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed Italian tomatoes
2 cans (16 ounces total) tomato sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
2 cups of water
3 cups uncooked elbow pasta
1 can sweet corn, drained
salt & pepper to taste
shredded cheese & sour cream for garnish
How to Make the Heavenly Goulash:
1. Heat a large Dutch oven and add the ground turkey, yellow onion, and red onion. Break the meat apart and make sure it cooks through. Don’t drain the goodness…
2. Add garlic and cook another minute, stirring continuously.
3. Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Break the diced tomatoes up to very small pieces. I broke it up in my hand before adding it to the pot. Add worchestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Let simmer.
4. Add pasta and water – let simmer about 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked. (Mine took about 20 minutes.)
5. Stir in corn. Cook for another minute and then serve with cheddar cheese and sour cream as garnish.
Sign Up For Our Exciting Quilting Newsletter
New Registrants will Receive a Coupon Code for 15% Off Their Next Purchase!
Sign Up For Our Exciting Quilting Newsletter & Get a Coupon Code for 15% Off Your Next Purchase!
About Sew Much Charm
I enjoy gardening, quilting, sewing, & cooking as a relatively new stay-at-home mom of two girls.
I make custom handmade quilts for clients and recently decided to learn how to sew garments for my little girls. Watch my journey & learn from my mistakes.
Sign up for the awesome newsletter and get all the exciting news first. Sign up today!
You can follow Sew Much Charm on several social platforms. News, contests, block-of-the-month and special offers are announced on these platforms as well as this blog.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter for even more great information and deals.